Reviewers Needed for Joint Office Federal Funding Applications
The Joint Office of Energy and Transportation (Joint Office), through the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE), is seeking subject matter experts to review applications for federal funding.
As the United States moves toward a more sustainable future, the Joint Office will play an important role in facilitating new and exciting opportunities and projects. The Joint Office is looking for reviewers with expertise in the growing electric vehicle (EV) industry, including areas such as:
- EV infrastructure resiliency planning
- EV workforce development
- Testing and certification standards for EV chargers
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion in transportation
- Safety, codes, and standards with regards to EV charging and related infrastructure.
The Joint Office highly encourages submissions from candidates in historically underrepresented groups in:
The Joint Office also highly encourages submissions from individuals or entities involved with:
- Minority-serving institutions
- Historically black colleges and universities
- Minority business enterprises
- Minority-owned businesses
- Woman-owned businesses
- Veteran-owned businesses
- Underserved communities.
Reviewer input will help shape the direction of future EV development and planning efforts.
The Joint Office may provide an honorarium for reviewers' time and expert feedback. Timeline for review is forthcoming. In most cases, reviews will be done within a one-to-three-week review window. Training will be provided. Also, reviews will be done independently and submitted through the EERE Funding Opportunity Exchange system.
How to Apply to Become a Joint Office Reviewer
- Go to the EERE Funding Opportunity Exchange Registration page and select the orange button titled, "New External User (Applicant or Reviewer)."
- You will be prompted to enter the email address and password affiliated with your login.gov account. If you do not have a login.gov account, select the "Create an account" button farther down the web page. You will need a login.gov profile to access EERE Exchange.
- Once you have successfully signed in to EERE Exchange, under "Reviewer Registration," complete the following sections:
- General Information: Provide your contact information, resume, and URL to your LinkedIn profile or similar online resource and answer a few questions about your background.
- Account Information: Create your account username and password.
- Primary Area of Expertise (very important): Select "Joint Office of Energy and Transportation" as your primary area of expertise.
- Additional Areas of Expertise: Please select any sub-areas of expertise you have under the "Joint Office of Energy and Transportation" category to help the Joint Office identify specific opportunities for you.
- Functional Areas of Expertise: If you have diversity, equity, and inclusion expertise, this section allows you to include this in your profile.
- Education and Experience: Add your education, organizational affiliations, awards, and publications.
- Check the box to certify that the information provided is accurate and complete.
- Select the "Complete Reviewer Registration" button.
Reviewers may express interest at any time. The Joint Office will contact reviewers with relevant expertise based on the needs of specific programs and funding solicitations.
For questions about becoming a reviewer, contact JOReviewer@netl.doe.gov.